Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Youth Sports Should Be Fun

Who said youth sports should be fun? A lot of people. But why aren’t they, everybody only gets to be a kid once. Why do parents take it over board and push their child to the limit? Is it because they want to live their childhood through their kids or see dollar signs because a coach said that their child will be good, or that the parents failed in sports and want their child to be success? I believe only the parents that act like that know the answers to those questions. As parents some of us put too much pressure on our kids, I know I have been one of those parents, but why I ride my kids is because myself and everyone else knows that they’re slacking and are better than they’re performing at that time and just want them to give it their all and not look back later and  say “I should tried and given it my best and maybe we would have won” instead saying “I gave it my best and we just fell short, we’ll get them next time.”
Going through college and receiving a degree in sports and learning about involvement and different other aspects in sports has really opened my eyes and I believe has made me a better coach and a better father/coach. Kids are kids and need to enjoy life while they can, because in a blink of an eye they’ll be moving out and going into the world on their own. So…sit down, put your feet up and enjoy their ride through sports and support them in any way you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment